Looking at the year one day at a time ..finding out things I didn't know...

You know the 'On This Day' section in the newspaper ? I always read that.

You know the 'Birthday Section' ? I find that interesting.

I am reading Simon Flynn's Science Magpie and it has got my mind whizzing.

This is a way for me to go foraging, day by day, for things I didn't know but am thrilled to discover.

I'm always hungry too.

Friday 2 March 2018

NOT talking about politics

Despite having spent the weekend a couple of weeks ago with two charming, politically active, driven and charming hosts.

I am going to talk about serendipity. Coincidence. The more I get into it the more it finds me. For example, renting houses and men's birthdays. I will divulge more.

My hostess that weekend talked about her son and something she wished for him. I returned home to an email from her to say, she used the word 'karma' that it had actually come true.

Politics aside there is so much we can't make sense of, think about it and I’ve met a few, lots of terribly clever, ostensibly as in well educated people can’t seem to nake utterly straightforward decisions and for that matter, get along.

I talk a lot with a soon to be colleague about the NHS, where a lot of the money goes and how to fix the problems. Not the greatest challenge.

I talk a lot about food, I am really going to start getting serious about where I buy my food from and what I buy and when.

I am snowed in so am thinking a lot about my Boudicca warrior / Disney princess thing that came up last year. Clothes. I love fashion and haven’t bought any for years. Well a couple of years anyway. I am niw thinking cashmere, scarves, good socks, lovely coats, good wellies. Jack Wills basics.


No comments:

Post a Comment